Saturday, October 10, 2009

More on The Curses of Spinthra

It's been a while since I posted more artwork for my video game I'm still working on, The Curses of Spinthra, and what better time to post artwork for a game about ghosts, monsters, goblins and nightmare creatures than October? (and because most of this artwork is from 2008 and there's no reason for why I haven't posted any of it yet). Almost all of these drawings were colored on the computer (still by me and not a cheap program that does 90% of the work for you, though) so the quality is not too great.

These drawings are old because this game is taking a real long time to make. I'm the only guy behind it, so I do everything from sprite design, level design, event and settings design, controls, gameplay, everything, so it will be a little while before the game is totally finished, but someday it will be.
This is a drawing of the main character which you assume the role of, Duke Legend. He's your typical jacked guy with a big sword and a mean mug who marches into the castle of evil to destroy every monster within (not even a joke, in the world of video games that is an average dude).

The final boss of The Curses of Spinthra is the creature called a "black witch" which is made ruler of the Nether-world every 100 years when ne is born. The picture at the top of the post contains various poses of her. Spinthra, being a witch, can magically assume other forms to help her trick or defeat her enemy. One form (pictured to the right) is the temptress form, used either to lure men to their doom or to do things her regular itty bitty form can't. She can also turn into a spider (which her hair resembles) to crawl into tiny spots and scale walls.
















These are the first three boss fights you will be faced with on your quest - Medusa, a Manticore & a Wyvern, and the Minotaur. If you're lame and you don't mind spoilers and you'd like to see all of the boss characters in The Curses of Spinthra, you can add yourself to my MySpace page that I haven't used in over a year and view them in my photo album.



Lastly I'll post one I did completely on paper (all the other ones were hand drawn, then scanned and colored in Paint) of Spinthra in various poses. The colors came out kind of horrible on the computer - all that blueishness in the background was way more purple on paper (same with on her tongue) but whatever. I posted the black and white one too for anyone who might want to see some production in my drawings some times.
I promise to post more Spinthra artwork soon, including more old artwork never shown to the public, new artwork, and hopefully even screenshots. Stay tuned.
As you may have noticed, I had to add a warning before entering my blog. Nobody told me I had
to, I just decided it would be a good idea since there is animated nudity on here, and I'd rather put the warning on first instead of Blogger just finding it on their own and shutting down my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment