Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Lost Vikings

I recently did a drawing that I colored on the computer ,which I rarely like doing, but it came out pretty good so I decided to post it. Although it was colored on the computer, it was almost all done in MS Paint, meaning I still drew the entire background and did all the shading on the characters myself. Basically, the only cheat thing (Photoshopesque crap) in this drawing is the light from the top left corner. I did the drawing of the three main characters, Erik, Baleog and Olaf, from one of my favorite video games (and one of the most under rated) of all time, the Lost Vikings for the SNES by Silicon & Synapse (now known as Blizzard) and Interplay. Don't even ask why there are elements swirling in the background, they're really only there to create a cool background that will effect the coloration of the vikings. Maybe if you really need to come up with some kind of reason you can say it's the Norse gods or some corny shit. It's a little epic for a game that was a comedy, but whatever, it looks cool. More artwork to come (if you've never played the Lost Vikings, go find a copy).

No comments:

Post a Comment