Monday, May 10, 2010

Dixie Kong Art for Group Contest




As you all probably know, I have a gallery on Deviantart.com. On DA, I have joined a number of groups recently to put more of my art out there and see more art from people with similar interests. One group, a fan group for Nintendo, is holding a contest, as DA groups commonly do. The contest is to draw a Nintendo "side-kick" - any character who appears in a game as a tag-along for the main protagonist. I knew as soon as I read this that I wanted to do Dixie Kong from the Donkey Kong Country games. Ever since I first played DKC2, Dixie has been my favorite DKC character, and one of my favorite Nintendo characters - though I actually consider her a Rare character, since they are the ones who actually created her, Nintendo just kept the rights to all DKC characters and destroyed the series after Rare's parting with them. Anyway, Dixie was awesome - cute and cuddly yet tough and badass. Above, I posted all the steps of this piece, all done by hand - no paint shop pro or photoshop effects in this one (I tend to use a hint of PSPro lighting effects in some recent pictures). I only hope now that, not only the group will accept my submission, but also that I win! Keep your fingers crossed for me, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment